This article provides instructions on duplicating a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin.
Copy MySQL database
Please, follow these steps to copy a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin:
- Log in to cPanel.
- Click phpMyAdmin in the DATABASES section of the cPanel home screen: The phpMyAdmin administration page appears in a new window.
- Click the name of the database you want to copy in the left pane.
- Click Operations on the top menu bar.
- Type the name that you want for the new database in the text box under Copy database.
- Select Structure and Data if you want to copy everything into the new database. In case you wish to duplicate only the database’s structure, opt for the “Structure only” option, and no data will be replicated.
- Before copying the check box select the CREATE DATABASE.
- Select the Add AUTO_INCREMENT value check box.
- Click Go, and phpMyAdmin creates a new database using the name you specified in step 5, after that does the copy operation. Once the process is complete, the newly created database will be visible within the list of databases located in the left panel.
Looking for an outstanding cPanel-based web hosting provider? Try our web hosting packages with cPanel