Virtual Private Server (VPS) cloud hosting can provide you with a configurable virtual machine on the cloud. Consumers can install and operate their own software just as if they had a dedicated computer. VPS is not dedicated. A may be shared among many customers, and for this reason the price is much lower than using a dedicated cloud server.
A Windows VPS Cloud server can provide you with exactly the features you need without many headaches of overhead. Windows Cloud VPS Hosting allows you to create an unlimited number of Linux and Windows virtual machines in your VPS cloud.
According to Microsoft, a new Server and Cloud Platform will shortly be released. Windows Server Virtual Machine Configuration allows you to define the following attributes:
- Virtual Machine Name – Use of a naming convention is recommended.
- Virtual Machine Processor Allocation – Microsoft Windows Hyper-V Server supports a maximum of 24 logical processors.
- Virtual Machine Memory Allocation – Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 permit virtual machine memory allocation of up to 31 GB.
- Virtual Hard Disk Size and Location – You configure your new VHD according to your own specifications.
- Virtual Network Connection – You can create multiple virtual network connections to devices you choose or you can choose to make no virtual connections at all.
Once you have defined these parameters, you can create your own custom virtual machine with Microsoft VM software.