This article demonstrates how to set up Mozilla Thunderbird to access an Beehosting e-mail account. If you have not already installed Mozilla Thunderbird, you can download it by visiting http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird.
- This article assumes that you have already created at least one e-mail account for your domain. If you have not done this, please see this article to learn how to create an e-mail account using cPanel.
- This article also assumes that you have some basic familiarity with e-mail protocols (SMTP, IMAP, and POP). If you are unfamiliar with these protocols, please read this article first before you try to set up a client e-mail application.
Setting up Mozilla Thunderbird
To configure Mozilla Thunderbird to work with your Beehosting e-mail account, follow these steps:
- Start Thunderbird.
- On the Account Settings dialog box appears. menu, click . The
- Click Account Actions, and then click Add Mail Account. The Mail Account Setup dialog box appears.
- In the Your name text box, type the name that you want to appear on messages you send.
- In the Email address text box, type the e-mail address of the account that you created in cPanel.
- In the Password text box, type the password for the e-mail account that you created in cPanel.
- If you do not want to retype the account password every time you start Thunderbird, select the Remember password check box.
- Click By default, Thunderbird selects IMAP with SSL/TLS for the incoming mail server and SMTP with SSL/TLS for the outgoing mail server. If you want to change any of these settings, click.
. Thunderbird automatically detects the mail server settings for the account. If Thunderbird is unable to detect the settings, make sure that you typed the correct e-mail address in step 5.
- Click . Thunderbird verifies the password that you provided in step 6.
- To close the Account Settings dialog box, click .
- To retrieve messages from the account immediately, click Get Mail. Thunderbird downloads the messages for the account.
For more information about Mozilla Thunderbird, please visit http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird.
Looking for an outstanding cPanel-based web hosting provider? Try our web hosting packages with cPanel